Thursday, August 30, 2012

One shirt disaster is another scarf's success

A few months ago I decided to buy a bunch of fabric and just wing it.  I had all sorts of ideas to make stuff- like this skirt.  And then I thought I'd be brave and try to make a shirt (without a pattern)... yea that was a little too ambitious for me.  The sleeves were too small and it was shaped all funny.  So in one impulsive moment, I chopped it up and made this darling scarf.  I think this was meant to be.  This fabric as a shirt would have been too much.  My only regret is not taking a picture of the shirt disaster.


Scarves are super easy to make and they do wonders to dressing up an outfit.  Here's some great scarf tutorials that I've seen around.  I thought you might enjoy~

Infinity Scarf by The Cottage Home
Lacy Infinity Scarf by Sweet Verbena
Braided Scarf by Put Up Your Dukes
Anthroplogie Knock-off Scarf by Sewing in No Man's Land
Chunky Crochet Scarf by People Webs
Lace Scarf by A Beautiful Mess
Upcycle Scarf from sweater by I Am Mama Hear Me Roar